This is the title of a blog posted recently on the AIIM website and I’d encourage you to take a look. The reason that I’m highlighting this link is because it is just so relevant given the presentation that I gave recently during a webinar run jointly with colleagues at Arkivum. Archiving requires the management and preservation of authenticity, integrity, reliability and usability of records over the complete record lifecycle. For this reason, we concluded that enterprise records management systems were probably not the most appropriate tool to consider for electronic acrhiving purposes. Just consider the migration needs not only for the documents but also for the attributes, transactions, audit trails and data dictionaries. The AIIM article highlights some of these issues in the context of attempting to migrate from SharePoint 2007 or 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Extrapolate those problems over a 15-25 year retention period and you’ll begin to imagine the difficulties!! If you are considering e-Archiving, ensure you do this as part of a comprehensive digital preservation strategy.
TMF TrainingPlease contact us if you need training on TMF and related topics. We offer standard training courses and bespoke courses, as well as partnering with various other organisations to offer a wide range of options.
- Follow Rammell Consulting Limited on WordPress.com
- MHRA Draft Guidance on GxP Data Integrity….. a Few Thoughts rammell-consulting.co.uk/2016/12/14/mhr… 3 months ago
- ICH GCP Guidelines (E6) Addendum Now Available rammell-consulting.co.uk/2016/12/01/ich… 3 months ago
- Pleased to have been asked to contribute to Phlexglobals User Group Meeting in Feb. Q&A sessions are great!! twitter.com/Phlexglobal/st… 3 months ago
- Shortly to board yet anothet jam-packed flight from LHR to BSL. Wonder how many passengers live closer to BHX? @bhx_official 3 months ago
- Unbelievable queues @HeathrowAirport T5 today before you even get to security https://t.co/yMS7ssnBlE 3 months ago