This is the title of a blog posted recently on the AIIM website and I’d encourage you to take a look. The reason that I’m highlighting this link is because it is just so relevant given the presentation that I gave recently during a webinar run jointly with colleagues at Arkivum. Archiving requires the management and preservation of authenticity, integrity, reliability and usability of records over the complete record lifecycle. For this reason, we concluded that enterprise records management systems were probably not the most appropriate tool to consider for electronic acrhiving purposes. Just consider the migration needs not only for the documents but also for the attributes, transactions, audit trails and data dictionaries. The AIIM article highlights some of these issues in the context of attempting to migrate from SharePoint 2007 or 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Extrapolate those problems over a 15-25 year retention period and you’ll begin to imagine the difficulties!! If you are considering e-Archiving, ensure you do this as part of a comprehensive digital preservation strategy.
- Follow Rammell Consulting Limited on WordPress.com
- Attending the GCP Special Interest Grp meeting in Nottingham, UK? Free of charge! You just have to be a member of t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- MHRA Publishes Latest GCP Inspection Findings rammell-consulting.co.uk/2017/07/21/mhr… 2 months ago
- Interested in data integrity and document management? You will be hearing a lot about blockchain over the next few y… lnkd.in/dR8cvdp 3 months ago
- Draft agenda now available for 'Trial Master Files & Inspection Readiness' conference, 25-28 Sept 2017, Amsterdam trialmasterfile.iqpc.co.uk 4 months ago
- What’s in a name? rammell-consulting.co.uk/2017/05/16/wha… 4 months ago