This is the title of a blog posted recently on the AIIM website and I’d encourage you to take a look. The reason that I’m highlighting this link is because it is just so relevant given the presentation that I gave recently during a webinar run jointly with colleagues at Arkivum. Archiving requires the management and preservation of authenticity, integrity, reliability and usability of records over the complete record lifecycle. For this reason, we concluded that enterprise records management systems were probably not the most appropriate tool to consider for electronic acrhiving purposes. Just consider the migration needs not only for the documents but also for the attributes, transactions, audit trails and data dictionaries. The AIIM article highlights some of these issues in the context of attempting to migrate from SharePoint 2007 or 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Extrapolate those problems over a 15-25 year retention period and you’ll begin to imagine the difficulties!! If you are considering e-Archiving, ensure you do this as part of a comprehensive digital preservation strategy.
- Follow Rammell Consulting Limited on WordPress.com
- MHRA seems to be promoting 1 commercial company here. Appropriate? gov.uk/government/new… 2 weeks ago
- eTMF Exchange Mechanism Standard Moves Ever Closer tmfrefmodel.com/2017/11/22/etm… via @TMFRefModel 3 weeks ago
- Not convinced all issues related to long-term retention of multimedia data have been addressed in this guidance, in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Useful information re: GDPR @SciArchivists twitter.com/ICOnews/status… 1 month ago
- Shocked that @HW_Chamber think this is an appropriate picture to share #WorcestershireHour twitter.com/SW_and_A/statu… 1 month ago