This is the title of a blog posted recently on the AIIM website and I’d encourage you to take a look. The reason that I’m highlighting this link is because it is just so relevant given the presentation that I gave recently during a webinar run jointly with colleagues at Arkivum. Archiving requires the management and preservation of authenticity, integrity, reliability and usability of records over the complete record lifecycle. For this reason, we concluded that enterprise records management systems were probably not the most appropriate tool to consider for electronic acrhiving purposes. Just consider the migration needs not only for the documents but also for the attributes, transactions, audit trails and data dictionaries. The AIIM article highlights some of these issues in the context of attempting to migrate from SharePoint 2007 or 2010 to SharePoint 2013. Extrapolate those problems over a 15-25 year retention period and you’ll begin to imagine the difficulties!! If you are considering e-Archiving, ensure you do this as part of a comprehensive digital preservation strategy.
TMF TrainingPlease contact us if you need training on TMF and related topics. We offer standard training courses and bespoke courses, as well as partnering with various other organisations to offer a wide range of options.
- Follow Rammell Consulting Limited on WordPress.com
- What’s in a name? rammell-consulting.co.uk/2017/05/16/wha… 1 week ago
- RT @ActNowTraining: Glad to be speaking on #GDPR today at the Scientific Archivists Group 2017 Conference sagroup.eventhq.co.uk/sag-2017-confe… 2 weeks ago
- HP monitor dies after 4 yrs. I expected more. My 13yr LG screen still works. But only VGA & 800x600 :-) 1 month ago
- EMA Publishes New TMF Guideline for Consultation rammell-consulting.co.uk/2017/04/14/ema… 1 month ago
- MHRA Draft Guidance on GxP Data Integrity….. a Few Thoughts rammell-consulting.co.uk/2016/12/14/mhr… 5 months ago